Wow...it's been awhile since I updated the blog page! Things have been busy and its just got away from me. We are having a very fun summer(I am in denial that it will soon be over!) and I thought I would take a few minutes to share some stories and pics from our adventures this summer. Zane is getting so big! He definetly has his daddy's "No Fear" attitude. Right now their favorite thing to so is have pillow fights. It seems the harder Matt throws the pillow, the harder Zane laughs. It is quit cute!
Our summer began with a very fun and long anticipated trip to Hawaii with my family. We enjoyed 8 days of sunshine and relaxation. Went snorkling 3 times, did some sight seeing, and went on a hike to a beautiful waterfall that we were able to swim in. Zane loved playing in the waves of the ocean and swimming in the pool. We had a great time and hope to return one day!
After returning from Hawaii, Zane and I went to visit my grandparents in Phoenix. It was a great visit, my first since their move to a retirement center. It was great to see their new home and to make new and very special memories there. Zane wowed his great grandparents and was a hit with all the of the residence. However, he did not understand or like the fact that it was always to hot to play outside...even at 6:00 in the morning!!
At the end of July, we joined all of my family on my mom's side for a camping trip to celebrate my grandparents 80th birthdays. I keep saying that if I am tent camping at 80, I'll be doing well. It was lots of fun to see my aunt and uncle and cousins on that side as well as to camp and play at the ocean for a few days. Here is a pic of Matt and Zane digging a very deep hole.
Along with our trips, we have made a few day trips. One of our favorites was a day hike in the Gorge. It's been awhile since we have been out that direction and we were both reminded of the beauty that surrounds it. Zane loved hiking and especially eating lunch on the trail...eating and being outside are two of his favorite things!
At the end of July, we took Zane to the county fair. His favorite books right now are ones of animals so we thought it would be fun for him to see some live animals. What we didn't anticipate was Zane being a little frightened by the animals! We think that all of the sudden seeing giant cows that have been so small in books was a little overwhelming. Even though he wanted nothing to do with touching the animals, his own animal sounds improved after the trip! Here is a pic of Zane enjoying a break from the animals at the fair.
In between our adventures, we have been working on our house. Matt put a new roof on the shed and this past weekend we worked on painting the trim and front door. Matt also put a beautiful new slate porch on the front of the house. Wow...I am married to one talented man!
Hope your summer has been full of laughter and fun! Hope to hear from ya soon!


